Curvy decor is making a comeback and we couldn’t be happier! Here are 15 reasons why this trend is here to stay:
After years of being pushed to the side in favor of sleek and minimalist decor, curves are finally making a comeback! And we couldn’t be happier. Curvy furniture and decor pieces add a softness and femininity to any space, without sacrificing style or sophistication. So if you’re looking to add a little curve appeal to your home, read on for some tips and inspiration!
1. Curves are feminine and sexy. There’s something about curves that just oozes femininity and sex appeal. Whether it’s a curvy couch or a curvaceous piece of art, these pieces add a touch of glamour to any space.
2. Curves are soft and inviting. Unlike straight lines which can look harsh and uninviting, curves are soft and welcoming. They invite you to sink in and relax, making them perfect for living rooms and bedrooms.
3. Curves add visual interest. Let’s face it, straight lines can be boring! But curves add an element of interest and intrigue to any space. They’re also great for breaking up large areas or drawing the eye to a particular spot in the room.
4. Curved furniture is often more comfortable than its straight-lined counterparts. This is because curves conform to our body’s natural shape, making them much more comfortable to sit or lie on for long periods of time.. So if you’re looking for furniture that you can really sink into and relax, opt for pieces with gentle curves rather than sharp angles.. You (and your guests) will be glad you did! (Think: chaise lounges, curved sofas)
5. Curved walls create an illusion of spaciousness.. If you have a small room that you want to make look bigger, consider adding some curved walls! The optical illusion created by the gentle curve will make the room appear larger than it actually is.. Plus, the added bonus of extra wall space means you can incorporate more storage or even add another window..
6. Arched doorways add drama and elegance… Not only do they look gorgeous, but arched doorways also create an element of grandeur in any space… If your home lacks architectural interest, adding an archway (or two!) could be just what it needs…
7. Round windows let in lots of natural light… If your home could use some extra sunlight (and who doesn’t love natural light?), then consider swapping out your traditional rectangular windows for some round ones instead… Round windows not only let in more light but they also give your home an updated look that will definitely turn heads…
8. Circular staircases make a bold statement…. A grand staircase is always impressive but if you really want to make a statement, go for one with sweeping curves rather than sharp angles… Circular staircases have been popping up in homes all over lately and we can see why – they definitely pack a visual punch!
9. Rounded countertops soften kitchen spaces… angular countertops can feel cold and impersonal but rounded edges give kitchens a softer appearance while still being fully functional…. If your kitchen needs a facelift but you don’t want to do anything too drastic , simply switching out square countertops for ones with gentle curves could be all it takes….
10. Organic shapes blend well with nature… One reason why curvy decor has become so popular lately is because its organic shapes blend well with nature – think branches , leaves , flowers etc …If you love spending time outdoors , bringing some elements of nature inside through your décor choices is a great way to achieve harmony between indoor/outdoor living … And what better way to do this than by incorporating curvaceous pieces which echo the shapes found in nature?
11. They provide endless opportunities for creativity…. As anyone who has ever worked with wood knows , crafting curved pieces requires skill , precision & patience … When done right , the results are absolutely stunning & offer endless opportunities for creativity … From beautifully crafted chairs & tables to stunning sculptures & works of art , there really is no limit to what can be created using curved lines … So if you appreciate handcrafted goods & unique décor items thencurvy furniture & accessories should definitely be on your radar …
Some Of The Biggest Brands In Curvy Furniture
Some of the top designers in curvy furniture include Modway, LumiSource, and Zuo Modern. These brands offer a variety of styles and designs that are perfect for any home. From elegant and sophisticated to fun and funky, these brands offer something for everyone. Curvy furniture is a great way to add personality and style to any room in your home.
Some notable designers in curvy furniture include Eero Saarinen, Charles and Ray Eames, and Milo Baughman. These designers created some of the most iconic and well-known pieces of curvy furniture in the world.